Mr. Furlane, co-founder of LocoMobi Inc., has over 30 years of technology experience specializing in the Transportation, Network Security, and Parking industries. Mr. Furlane has invested in business ventures in Hong Kong, Taipei, Seoul and Shang Hai starting in 1989. He has been involved in over 500 million dollars in technology investments and was contracted to lead the initiatives of several large public IT companies. Mr. Furlane aggressively built three transportation technology companies that established the vanguard for tracking and monitoring vehicle movement. His companies developed and sold integrated control systems for major airports, hospitals and parking lot management companies.
Below are key achievements for Mr. Furlane:
- The first supplier to be President of the Canadian Parking Association
- Served as Co-Chairman of the first World Symposium on Intelligent Transportation Systems, an international symposium attended by delegates representing 50 countries.
- Invented the first Electronic Credit Card Express kit for machines/kiosks.
- Built a major PUBLIC Telecom company and sold it to Sprint Canada.
- Owned or invested in several entertainment assets such as Hard Rock Cafés, Sierra Entertainment and Lightning Sports.
- Owned the oldest Junior A hockey team, which to date has groomed the most NHL players.
- Managed assets for several entertainment people including the World Boxing Champion who later partnered in several business ventures.
- Served as intern Vice- Chairman for Advanced Gravis (one of largest technology success stories in Canada who invented sound board, mouse etc.).
- Hired by a large investment fund to revitalize the company. Restructured and sold to American Brands (the largest branding company in the World).
- Executed 10 reorganizations for other major firms in behalf of investment banks.
- Served as Chairman to the Neurological Hospitals Centers for Ability, and the Board of Governors of Ontario Junior A Hockey, and continues to have investments in the Entertainment and Sports industries.
As a result of his successful business experience, his companies’ technological innovation, and his international scope, Mr. Furlane is considered to be one of the leaders in this industry. Mr. Furlane has been married for 30 years, and is proud father to a daughter who graduated in 2012 from the Ted Rogers Business School at the University of Toronto, with a Business Degree and a son who plays Hockey in Boston for Fitchburg State University in the NCAA.